Friday, August 10, 2007

He Knows Them By Name

Tonight I was tucking Titus in bed and we were going through our typical bed time routine. He interrupted and asked, "Mommy will you hold me?" I felt a pulling from the computer to go get my work for the sale done, but couldn't resist. "Sure Titus." He crawled up in my lap and said, "Mommy, I love it when you hold me." What a reminder that I need to give him more moments of undivided attention. I'm so thankful that he wants my affection. "Mommy, can we talk for a few minutes?" I'm sure there was a part of him that was just trying to delay bedtime, but I was enjoying the stillness and intimacy of the moment. "Sure," I replied. Our conversation went something like this:

Titus: "Mommy, did you know that God named each star by name?"

Mommy: "Yes, that's right." (Hmmm...Scott must have told him that during one of their evenings of sitting on the back patio looking at the stars.)

Titus: "What did God name them? If you know the name of the first star, then you need to tell me."

Mommy: "Ummm...I don't know what God named them. I think it is something that only God knows."

Titus: "Then you need to pray to Him and ask Him."

Mommy: "Why don't you pray tonight?"

Titus: "Dear God, Will you, please, tell Mommy the names of the stars? Amen." (brief pause) "Mommy, Did He tell you?"

Mommy: (Oh, boy. Now I'm in trouble. You've gotta love the faith of a child! How do I explain this one?) "Umm, no. I guess it is His secret."

Titus: "Do you hear God talk to you?"

Mommy: "Sometimes."

Titus: "Alright. Well, if you go to bed and He tells you, will you tell me the name of the first star?"

Mommy: :) "Yes. Time to go to sleep. I love you." (No more big questions for tonight.)

No comments: