I love making White Chicken Chili because it is easy and it is one of Scott's favorites. I got the recipe from my sister-in-law, Jennifer, and adapted it just slightly...
White Chicken Chili
4 cans Great Northern Beans, don't drain
3 large cans Swanson Chicken, drained and chopped (or rotisserie chicken chopped up)
1 T olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 med onions, chopped
2 t ground cumin
1 t ground oregano
2 4.5 oz cans mild chopped green chilies
4 cans Swanson chicken broth (I use one box organic chicken broth/stock)
20 oz Monterey Jack cheese, grated (separated-12oz for soup, 8oz for topping)
Sour cream
Tortilla chips
Avocado chunked
Cilantro
a few splashes of Tobasco Green Pepper Sauce (Scott's favorite-it's milder than Tobasco)
Heat oil, add onions- cook until translucent. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, and oregano. Saute' 2-3 minutes. Add beans, broth and 12 oz cheese. After cheese melts into soup, then add chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve in bowls. Top with toppings that you like: cheese, sour cream, chips, avocado, and/or cilantro.
Enjoy!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment