Tonight I tried my friend K.C.'s Pistachio Pesto Pasta. I served it with a Caprese Salad (mozzarella, tomato, basil, and onion drizzled with olive oil and salt & pepper). It was yummolicious! Even my kids liked the pasta! Thank you, K.C.! We ate it too fast to take a picture, but here is the recipe:
Pummill’s Pistachio Pesto Pasta
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup crushed pistachios
5 cloves freshly minced garlic (double if you LOVE garlic)
½ cup olive oil
1 cup firmly packed basil leaves (stems removed)
¼ cup firmly packed parsley sprigs (stems removed)
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 package farfalle (bowtie) pasta
4 chicken breasts, diced and marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar & garlic salt (I marinated it for 2 hours in the fridge, but I found out later that isn't what K.C. meant. It tasted good, though.)
1. In food processor, add ingredients in order specified above. The food processor will take care of all the mincing, chopping, grating and crushing. Blend to form a thick paste.
2. While pesto is blending, put pasta on to boil. Boil pasta until al dente.
3. While pasta is boiling, sauté chicken in marinade of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic salt.
4. When pasta and chicken are ready, combine the two. Then, mix in ½ cup pesto. Stir and serve.
5. Freeze remaining ½ cup pesto in zip loc bag. Then, for your next meal, simply thaw pesto, cook pasta and sautee chicken.
Can I just add that cooking totally wears me out? I know some people love to cook. I'm not one of them. I just love good food. I'd gladly (and possibly unashamedly) have a cook. It just seems like a lot of work to spend an hour+ cooking, for my kids to cry about it, Scott to eat it in 7 seconds (and always enjoy it and compliment it), and then have an hour's worth of cleaning to do afterwards. Then I'm worthless and ready for bed at 8:00. It just doesn't seem worth it. No wonder I love to eat out. Hmmm. That pesto and caprese salad were really yummy, though. Maybe, it was worth it...
(Adding this 15 minutes later...) I'm sorry if that sounded negative. I'm obviously tired. On a bright note, next time I'll already have the pesto done since the other half is already in the freezer. :)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds good - once my mom's garden produces fresh basil, I'd nab a cup from her and try this out... cooking while pregnant is hard! I am one who does love cooking... but not when pregnant. If fact, there are A LOT of things I normally enjoy doing that I HATE doing when pregnant... :)
I thought this sounded so good I'm cooking it tonight for dinner! I'll let you know how it turns out!
Dinner was good! Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment