So, you guys must have really been praying for me after my last two pitiful posts, because...
1) I had two precious friends bring my family dinner this week--and the food was awesome! Thank you April and Rebekah!
2) I was able to stand on my feet at 10:30 at night for an hour and clean my kitchen on Monday night!
3) My mom drove up last night to help me while Scott is on a business trip to Dallas this week. She has already cleaned half of my house, done four loads of laundry, and played with my kids.
4) I went to the doctor this morning and had lost 4 pounds since my appointment last week!!!! Hallelujah! I must have been retaining some serious water last week. So, I've only gained 49 pounds, instead of 53! I never thought I would be so excited about gaining 49 pounds! :)
Doctor update: She detected protein in my urine for the first time this week and I'm having quite a bit of swelling (both symptoms of Pre-eclampsia). Because I had Eclampsia with seizures during Titus' birth and it is a miracle that he and I survived it, she did further testing before I left and will be watching it very closely. My blood pressure is fine, so it may be nothing. She did say, however, that there is a possibility that we will talk about inducing early because of that and the fact that I have such large babies. We'll just watch it closely over the next few weeks and go from there.
Oh! She also said that our baby girl has moved herself all the way around and is now engaged in a good position for birth!
Hooray!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wonderful report, Ashley! I will pray that pre-eclampsia will not be an issue.
We are grateful that things are looking up. We have been praying faithfully for you every day! We have enough airmiles to get Keith there to stay a week; so call if you need him to come. He can come before, during or after our new sweetheart arrives (and he doesn't mind changing diapers.) Sorry it can't be me traveling; but Mom needs things he'd rather not do. Let us know....
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
"inducing early"....the sweetest two words you can hear at this stage of the game!!! Glad you are getting some much deserved help!:)
Hey, prayers for you, Friend! Hang in there! So close!!!! I have to say, I've been a bit concerned about your blog name. What are you going to do?. Of course, you have much bigger things to worry about . . .like naming that precious baby girl! :)
Annelise has arrived and the flowers you sent here are gorgeous. I am so thankful for having had the privilege of helping you and Scott for the last few weeks during the NWA RL Event and The Birth of our little blessing. I love you, Mother
Isa. 32:2
Post a Comment