Monday, August 17, 2009

People Say The Funniest Things!

So, I bumped into a neighbor yesterday whose children are grown. She said to me, "ASHLEY! When is that baby due?!?! I saw you trying to walk Justus in the stroller yesterday (refer to the post below) and you looked HORRIBLE! I felt so sorry for you!"

I just started laughing so hard! "Well, I felt horrible, but I thought I was hiding it better than that!" :)

"Are you due any day?" she asked hopefully.

"I'm actually not due for another month. September 16," I smiled.

"You are kidding! Are you having twins?"

Hmmm. Seems like I've heard that before. :)

7 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

people are idiots.

Ashley said...

LOL!

April said...

I think the title of this post should be "People Say the Most Stupid Things to Pregnant Women!"

Sandy Bjorkman said...

As long as she was showing her lack of class: Let's hope she didn't reach over and rub your tummy like you were Budha or something! I CANNOT, CANNOT imagine a time or day that YOU would look horrible...no matter what! You are incredibly beautiful (and it is from the inside out!)

The Keylors said...

You really wonder how some people have survived this far. ha! If she said that to anyone else, she may not be living anymore. ha!

People said that to me too. I am sure you look great...it's hard to imagine otherwise. : )

Laurel said...

I can't understand why people haven't gotten the clue that you NEVER say that to anyone - even if you're SURE she's having twins or triplets. Arghhh!

Jen said...

That is THE MOST obnoxious thing I have ever heard.