We had such a fun, relaxing evening. On our way home, we heard some music as we walked by Buffalo Wild Wings. It sounded like a live band and the singer had an impressive voice. The kids were curious and I love live music, so I let them peek through the gate. The people inside waved the kids in and I looked in to see what was going on. It wasn't a live band--it was karaoke!!! You can imagine what happened next.
Audra asked, "Mommy, may I please go up there and sing, too? Please, Mommy?" I couldn't resist. I figured she'd be pretty cute up there and I knew she'd love every second.
I didn't realize we were going to be 6th on the list, so we had to hang out until it was Audra's turn. The kids had a blast dancing in the back of the patio while we listened to the music. I quickly realized that there must be a Northwest Arkansas Karaoke Circuit of people who travel around and sing karaoke every night. They definitely all sounded like professional singers whose careers didn't make it for one reason or another. A couple of them brought their whole family and there were two elementary age girls that got up there and sang a Hannah Montana song and Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield." I hope she didn't understand the lyrics.
When it was finally Audra's turn, they asked me which track she wanted to sing. I knew that she wouldn't know any of the songs they had, so I just told her she could any song she wanted (and that she didn't have to have the background music).
She walked up to that giant microphone stand and belted out...
"Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah
Praise ye the Lord!
Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah
Praise ye the Lord!
Praise ye the Lord,
Hallelujah!
Praise ye the Lord,
Hallelujah!
Praise ye the Lord,
Hallelujah!
PRAISE YE THE LORD!"
5 comments:
Okay - I'm crying....that is beautiful! Sweet sweet girl for Jesus...
Renae
yay audra. keep it up! what a princess for Him....
had tears in my eyes reading this last part...how precious! So many mommas would have missed out on that sweet opportunity. You're such a good momma. : )
Too sweet!So awesome that you let her sing...you know God was smiling!
Oh my goodness. Trying not to cry! Keep it up, Audra, may you always sing for Him! Ashley, what a sweet blessing! Good for you for surrounding that girl with music of Truth!
Kristin
Post a Comment