Monday, February 4, 2008

Say, "Ah!"

Justus woke up from his nap this afternoon acting like he was starving. I was trying to cook dinner and he was sitting at my feet pointing and crying for everything I picked up: raw chicken, raw bacon, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, etc. You know, typical baby food. I had to get dinner in the oven and couldn't hold him and cook at the same time.

Then, I had an idea! Keep Justus and my busy 3-year-old occupied by teaching her to feed the baby! Why didn't I think of this earlier?!?! They both stayed entertained and I got dinner in the oven. I'm amazed there weren't carrots everywhere. Oh, and look! Audra is wearing her pink tu-tu again. Isn't that a shocker?!?!
Here is Justus thoroughly enjoying his second dinner an hour later with the rest of us! He devoured every single kernel of corn on that corn cob. Actually, all my kids love corn. It is a staple around here.

2 comments:

Judy said...

That's cute! And really, what kid doesn't love corn?! :)

breanna said...

You know, I recently read a study that said when you become a mother your brain actually reorganizes itself. (Supposedly that's what all that forgetfulness is about.) It is an adaptation that allows you to multitask better. I think this is a perfect example!!