Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow!

Hooray! A snow day! We finally got enough snow for the kids to go outside and play in it! (Friends in Colorado, you may stop laughing now.) Actually, it is pretty humorous. A few snow flurries and the thought of ice was enough to cancel school on Thursday and Friday this week. It's probably smart, though. Arkansas drivers don't have a lot of practice driving on snow and ice (and there certainly aren't snowplows maintaining the streets here). Last week when we had icy roads I saw 7-8 cars that had slidden off 540 into the grass.

At any rate, I was thrilled to get the kids out of the house and into the fresh air to play!

Titus' favorite thing was running and then sliding into the snow and rolling around in it. Audra spent most of her morning making soup with a bowl and spoon. Then she told me that it was a manger and she was puting hay in for baby Jesus.
"Arkansas Snow Boots!" I learned after my first winter here that it is not really worth the money to buy a pair of snowboots. This was my attempt to keep Titus' feet dry while he played in the snow. :) Audra wore a great pair of snow boots that were given to us by a friend! (Thank you, Kate!)

My snow angels...


I didn't have snow clothes for Justus, so he happily watched from the kitchen window. Then I put him in a bubble bath. Bubbles are almost as fun as snow, right? When the "big kids" came in out of the snow they had some hot chocolate and joined him for a warm bubble bath, too. What a fun morning! I'm thankful that we got out when we did...it had melted by the afternoon.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

We used Benji's rain boots for snow and they worked quite well - but your idea seemed to work fine too!

Judy said...

Ha! I can't stand the snow. The kids have hardly played in it at all this year. I haven't encouraged them too either. We actually didn't get as much snow this year as we did last year, thankfully!