Friday, February 8, 2008

Yummolicious!

Justus was so funny tonight! He kept trying to "tackle" and wrestle with Titus. He would walk towards him with his hands out in front growling, "ahhhhh", and then fall on him. Titus thought it was hilarious and kept encouraging him to do it over and over again. This is how the boys kept themselves entertained while I was making dinner tonight.

Speaking of dinner, I tried a new Pot Roast recipe tonight and it was SO YUMMY! I've tried 4 or 5 beef pot roast recipes over the years, but I never like them that much. Typically, the meat is too tough or not that interesting of a flavor. This is the best one I've made:http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_6959,00.html . (That link should take you to Emeril's Pot Roast Recipe.) Scott, Justus, and I luuuuuved it! The only thing I did differently is that I added 3/4 cup of cooking Sherry and some Worcestershire sauce to the beef broth for added flavor. I also couldn't find baby turnips and parsnips, so I bought regular ones and cut them in smaller pieces like the potatoes and carrots. I loved the flavor these added, though, and the meat was so tender. I'd make sure your Dutch Oven has a tight fitting lid, as well, so the juices don't dry up too early. Thanks, Emeril! Yummolicious!

4 comments:

stephy said...

I'm trying this recipe this week! I'll probably throw it in the crockpot. Hooray!

Ashley said...

Let me know what you think!

Laurel said...

so my comment on the previous post was obviously for this recipe - oops! I was typing one handed at the time because Zac is sick and was nursing while I was reading... talk about multi-tasking!

Judy said...

Yummy! I've always made my pot roast the same way, for years... it's so simple, it's ridiculous!

Salt & pepper a chuck or shoulder roast, put in crock pot followed by some red potates, halved, a bag of baby carrots, two packets of lipton onion soup mix, a can of beef broth & some red wine if you've got it. Cook all day on high. Delish. :)