Here is Titus with his giant pumpkin! He measured each potential pumpkin by its ability to become a jack-o-lantern or pumpkin pie (which we read about in one of the books). Audra kept telling everyone that this was "Mommy's prize pumpkin." (We read about giant pumpkins that won prizes, so I guess that is where she got that.) The fields were a little muddy and Titus was not a big fan of that...but he was fascinated by the tractor and kept asking questions to the farmer like, "Why are the wheels so big?"
This is the pumpkin that Audra picked out. It was the first pumpkin that she spotted and she jumped out of the trailer squeeling, "Mommy, look what I found! A GREEN pumpkin!" She was thrilled with her find. After that, she spent the rest of the afternoon telling everyone that she was looking for onions. Why? I have no idea. I'm not sure if she thought "pumpkins" sound like "onions" or if she just thought one of the ones that weren't ripe looked like an onion. Who knows!?!? She also kept the farmer's wife laughing on the back of the trailer. Everytime she would tell Audra something about the farm, Audra would reply, "Oh, my!" (Like that was the most interesting thing she'd ever heard.) She's a hoot!
No comments:
Post a Comment