Monday, October 1, 2007
Titus Read His First Book!
I am glowing! I bet you can see it through the computer. My first child read his first book this afternoon! I was shocked. I really didn't think he'd be able to read the whole book to me when I asked him to try. Some of it was memorized, but that is pre-reading and he just used it as cues and sounded the rest of the words out! He was beaming by the end...and we were high-fiving and laughing and hugging. It was quite a sight! Sometimes I'm amazed at how easily kids learn. I wish I could credit my teaching skills, but my efforts have been more haphazard than I'd like to admit. I also wish I had some timeless classic title to give you, but his first book was Backyardigans: I Can Surf. Titus, I'm so proud of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment