Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tennyson McCarty

We got news from Colorado this morning that a friend of ours, a HERO of the faith, has died unexpectedly. Scott wrote this letter and asked me to post it on my blog:

I wonder if you will ever know
The way you touched things to make them grow
Your heart was pure and your life true
Now we are standing to honor you
With the angels around you and your Savior's embrace
I close my eyes to see your face
You fought a great fight and the Lord has you now
No more tears, pain, or fear; you kept your hands to the plow
The fruit of your life here it remains
It will not wither, it will not change
Today we all mourn our friend we will miss
But someday we will see you and embrace with a hug & kiss
I thank God for your life and your heavenly bliss
But today you should know you are a friend I will miss.

I love you, Tennyson.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks Scott, that means a lot. You always reminded me of "the other Tennyson" when it came to your passion for the Lord. Big men sharing Christ to strangers and having the confidence that if they had a problem you....both of you could kick their butts physically. Praise God!!!!!!!