Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lazy Day


After the whirlwind of Christmas activities around our home the past two weeks, I could tell that my kids were craving my undivided attention this morning. So, we spent the morning lazing around (is that a word?) in our pajamas. I ignored my "chores" and we snuggled, wrestled, tickled, laughed, read books, and played dress-up. Pictured above is one of Audra's many costume changes. Nice combo, eh? Cowboy hat, ballerina tutu, and snow boots. (Thank you for the boots, Kate! Audra has been wearing them for two days!) That's Spiderman peeking out behind her. Justus is behind them looking out the window, but you can't see him.

Justus did the funniest thing this morning. Titus...I mean, Spiderman...was shooting webs at me and saying, "Pkew! Pkew!" (Are all boys born with the innate ability to make sound effects?) Then Audra--in her Cinderella dress--started copying Titus and saying, "Pkew! Pkew!" All of a sudden Justus, who had apparently been observing the scene, stretched both arms in front of him and said, "Pfff! Pfff!" Hilarious! My other two certainly didn't do that at 11 months, but they didn't have a 5-year-old brother around, either. How funny!

Mimi and Gramps stopped by before they left town to go back to Heber Springs. As they were leaving and saying their good-byes, Justus said, "hi," and waved for the first time. I should clarify that he actually waves to himself: he holds his hand up with his palm facing himself and waves his fingers up and down. He is my first baby to wave like this, but it makes sense, because that it what it looks like when people wave to him. This is his favorite new game and we are all happy to oblige him. It is so adorable! I have a feeling my blog is going to full of lots of Justus firsts for the next several months.

No comments: