The kids got a Christmas package in the mail today from Aunt Tammy and Uncle Terry (Scott's sister and her husband). It was labeled, "LIVE." I guess I was expecting it to be a plant or something. I didn't know it would be live LIVE! I didn't even know they would send something LIVE in the mail. We opened it and it was a "Raise-A-Frog Kit." When I first read it I was a bit hesitant because I like animals, but I don't want to live with them. When I looked further, however, I discovered a bag of four live tadpoles in water and a kit to build an aquarium for them with a teacher's manual. I began to get so excited about it! This definitely tops my list of coolest Christmas presents my kids have ever received! How creative! The kids and I spent the afternoon (sans naps) following the instructions to set up the habitat for the tadpoles, reading about tadpoles & their morphological changes, labeling a diagram of a frog, and feeding the tadpoles. Then the kids just sat and watched them; they were fascinated! I can't wait to do the activities, science projects, and check out the library books that it recommends! I would NEVER have thought of something like this for the kids, but we LOVE it! Thank you SO much Aunt Tammy! You are always so thoughtful! We'll send pics as our tadpoles grow. By the way, tonight at dinner they got named Yoda, Anakin, Padmay (sp?), and Gena (Audra's contribution). Obviously, Scott and Titus have been watching Star Wars III this week. So, I am now the proud owner of a pet tadpole named Yoda!
Please, pray (for the sake of my children) that I don't kill the poor things. If plants are any indication, I am in big trouble!
2 comments:
How fun! That sounds really neat...except I don't know if I could handle frogs. But, I've heard they have ones with ladybugs or butterflies.
I am so pleased to hear that the children are enjoying them! I was hoping they would! It's true, they have butterfly kits as well, but those were all sold out. I tend to share things with others that I would like to have myself and I have a very soft spot in heart for froggies. I plan to do the same thing with my children when they are old enough to appreciate it as much!
I just love you and miss you all so much!
I hope you have a truly Blessed Christmas and please hug my beautiful neice and both handsome nephews of mine!
Much Love,
Auntie Tammy
Post a Comment