Last night DJ and Cari Harris invited our family over for dinner. After dinner, DJ, Wyatt (their 3 year old), Scott, and Titus went upstairs to play Wyatt's new Wii (an early Christmas present). Cari and I stayed downstairs with the babies and Audra floated back and forth. My biggest challenge of the night was keeping Justus off the stairs. He crawled out of the living room and when I went to find him a couple minutes later, he was sitting at the top of the stairs looking down at me! AHHHHH! We repeated this about 20 times during the night...only I got a lot faster at capturing my fugitive.
The boys sounded like they were having fun upstairs, but I had no idea how much fun until we went up there to check on them. All four of them were physically exausted from the action of the Wii. I'd never heard of it, but apparently it is the big rage. It is a video game system, but it is wireless and it is completely physical, rather than just sitting still on the couch. When we got up there, Titus and Wyatt were boxing and Titus was hilarious. He was so "into it" that he was furiously throwing punches with both arms while running and kicking both legs. They'd also been plaing golf, tennis, and bowling. Cari was giving us all pointers, so I'm convinced that she's been secretly playing it while the boys have been napping. Who needs to go to the gym for Tai Bo, when you can play Wii at home? No wonder she is so fit!
In other news, when we got home Audra sat down to draw on her Doodle Pro while I was cleaning her room before bedtime. A few minutes later she said, "Mommy look! Whale friends swimming in the ocean!" I was so impressed! (Ok, so you have to look at it through a mother's eyes.) Titus has never been that interested in coloring or drawing and it was the first time one of my children has drawn something recognizable and been able to tell me what it was. See how she gave each "whale" two (or three) eyes and mouths. I was very proud of my little Picasso!
[BTW, I'd love for you to leave a comment on my blog! That way, I know I'm not the only one who reads it! :) All you need to do is click on "0 Comments" under each post and you can type a comment.]
3 comments:
Hey Ashley! How funny because tonight Judah played a Wii for the first time at a friend's house! Not sure if he'll get one for Christmas, though. I have a funny memory, that in 5th grade you had the funnest slumber party on Dec. 23 and I remember when we woke up the next morning it was Christmas Eve. Anyway, that was tonight...about 21 (?) years ago! xoxoxo stephy
I was not "exuasted" from playing the Wii. I did have fun though.
Aunt Ashley,
I LOVE your blog!! I always look forward to looking at the next article.
and... some Wii games are pretty "exhausting"
Post a Comment