Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bittersweet Good-byes


It seems like there is often good news and bad news. The good news is that last night we celebrated Elsa Lee's 1st birthday. The bad news is that the party was also a going-away party for her family. They are moving to California in a week and we are so, so sad...for us. I assumed the day would inevitably come. I just hoped it would be later, rather than sooner. We love Alex and Becky and they will be missed by so many people here. They are a unique couple (I've written about her several times on my blog) that serves in such extravagant ways and are just so "down-to-Earth" and fun. I'm sad for us, but thrilled for them. Alex has been offered a great job in marketing for Gallo Winery and they will be within driving distance from both their families. It will be a great set-up for them. Becky has often joked that she is "Les Mis" in Arkansas--"On My Own" with no family and two little girls.

Favorite Memories:
Meeting Becky at Gulley Park. Her fun, outgoing personality. Late nights at Rhea Lana's Consignment Sale. Being Consignment Soul Sisters. Pregnant together at the Women's Retreat--another late night. Community Group. Our Spontaneous Memorial Day BBQ. Audra's Birthday Party. Their Labor Day BBQ on the new deck! Her fabulous cooking! Garage Sale for Qiana. Qiana's Baby Shower. Their unique ways of loving people so practically and sacrificially. We love you guys and will miss you SO much!

No comments: