My Beth Moore Bible Study started this morning after a break for the summer. I do not have words to describe how excited I was for it to start this morning! For the last couple of years Tuesday mornings have been a highlight of my week every week. When I got in the car this morning there was a worship CD playing that I didn't even realize was in my car. I cranked it up like a football player cranking up his warm-up music before the first game of the year. The kids and I jammed all the way to the East side of Fayetteville. Titus loved the first song and kept asking to play it over and over. I didn't even realize the foreshadowing that song would be for our first lesson on the book of Daniel. Here are the words:
I will worship, with all of my heart
I will praise you, with all of my strength
I will seek you, all of my days
I will follow, all of your ways
I will bow down, and I'll hail you as king
I will serve you, I will give you everything
I will lift up my eyes to your throne
I will trust you, I will trust you alone
I will give you all my worship
I will give you all my praise
You alone I long to worship
You alone are worthy of my praise
On the way home from Bible Study, Titus asked if we could sing to the same song again. Then we had this conversation about the song:
Titus: "Mommy, what is the name of this song?"
Mommy: "I'm not sure. Maybe, it is 'All My Worship.'"
Titus: "No, I think it is 'You Are My Praise.'" (pause) "He is not saying those other people singing are his praise. He is saying only God is his Praise."
I wonder if he had any idea how much understanding he truly has.
All I can say for Beth Moore's video this morning is..."GULP!" I am going to get a tail-kicking this year! I took so many notes there is hardly any white left on the page. There was enough in that first video to spend all year digesting and studying. I can't believe we are going to have another video each week. Here are a couple of my favorite things that she said as she intoduced the study and compared Daniel in Babylon to us living in the U.S. (modern-day Babylon):
"Babylon is a culture of self-absorption and over-indulgence...If you are not doing everything you can to make sure you are not indoctrinated by it, then you are."
"If we get absorbed by this culture, we will become irrelevent."
"God has assigned us to this world; The Enemy has assigned this world to us. Will we influence the world? Or will the world influence us?"
GULP!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment