For the first four years of Titus' life I don't think he ever slept in our bed...maybe once or twice. Sometime in the past year, his Daddy has become a softy. I tend to be more of a rule-follower and I probably read in some parenting book that they need to be content sleeping in their own beds. Scott finally said to me one night, "You know, Ashley, one day our kids are going to be grown and gone and we're going to wish we had snuggled with them more." Point taken.
So, tonight Titus asked if he could fall asleep in our bed. I decided to let him (which I do every once in a while). I was walking him to my room to tuck him in when he turned to me and said, "Mommy, you can lay down beside me and snuggle up if you want to." (He's so transparent and adorable.) "You're my favorite Mommy." (Ok, now my heart has been won!)
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute. Ruth finally stopped sleeping in our bed / room about 6 months ago. She actually sleeps through the night now!!!! Sometimes. :)
I love the kid snuggling. We read bedtime stories in our bed and then the kids always angle to stay in there and sleep. They go to sleep in their beds but Judah gets in our bed in the middle of the night and it's really sweet. Lolly will join us I'm sure when she figures out how to get out of her crib!
Post a Comment