Friday, November 9, 2007

Autumn Color


This was the sunrise breaking through the fog at 7:00 this morning! It is in the field across the street from our neighborhood. Gorgeous, isn't it? What were we doing out at 7:00 this morning? Well, the youngest Shaver decided to wake up at 5:30 am and wake up ALL the rest of the Shavers. Since we were all awake so early anyway, we took a family fieldtrip to Cracker Barrel for breakfast!



I took these pictures this morning half a block from our house! It is Founder's Park in our neighborhood. Yes, that really is the color of the trees! Maple trees are one of my favorite wonders of God's creation. I have always loved the Fall here: cool, sunny days and hillsides that look like they are on fire! I miss the view of the Rocky Mountains, but I love living in a part of the country that has four distinct seasons. It is so beautiful!

"...the whole earth is full of His glory." Isaiah 6:3

3 comments:

Sandy Bjorkman said...

I really enjoy the stories and appreciate the talent you have for taking pictures. I am sure that your children and grandchildren (yes...someday...grandchildren!) will treasure what you are doing today!

Ashley said...

Sandy, I certainly have treasured the books that you made for Scott when we were engaged. I am amazed that you saved the cards, artwork, and every report card all those years. I have spent hours looking at all of it and re-reading every word that you wrote about your family's journey with the Lord. Thank you for the investment in all of us.

Judy said...

Wow!! Sooo pretty!!! I'm sad that fall is ending... Now we'll be looking forward to 5 months of brown, boring brown. At least sometimes the brown will be covered with snow.