This is my awesome family! The older I get the more and more thankful I am that God placed me in this famiy. We love to celebrate holidays together. Our tradition is spending Thanksgiving weekend at my parents' house on the Little Red River in Heber Springs. We had a fun weekend full of decorating gingerbread houses, playing games, visiting, hiking up Sugar Loaf Mountain (the dads and kids hiked while we cooked), and we ate a delicious Thanksgiving feast of Cajun Peppered Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans, rolls, baked fruit, and pie. Mmm-mmm.
When we arrived, my sister's husband presented each of us with a copy of his first book!!!! Wow! What an accomplishment! It is self-published for now while he decides what to do next. I can't wait to read it...in my "free time"!
Another one of our traditions: decorating gingerbread houses. Our family has been doing this since we lived in Germany in the 80s. The big kids decorated their houses while the little kids napped.
Sheridan modeling the finished products.
Mimi handing out awards for each of the gingerbread house. This is Rebekah and Lauren celebrating winning the "Looks Good Enough To Eat Award." I have to brag on my niece, Rebekah, for a minute. She is the oldest grandchild in our family (my sister's oldest) and is going to college next year. Most importantly, she loves the Lord, has unwavering integrity, and a kind heart...but she ALSO is brilliant, hard-working, a competitive soccer player, is a National Merit Semi-Finalist (and possible Finalist) and scored a PERFECT SCORE on the verbal section of the PSAT!!!! Can you believe that?!?! The girl is going to get full scholarship offers left and right! I'm so proud of her!
3 comments:
From Mimi (my mother): "What a family gathering!! Looking at these pics brings such joy!! Thank you all for each contribution, conversation and acts of kindness. The blog is sensational, Ashley. Thank you. How we love all of you."
When I saw the top picture I thought YOU were Leah for a second! You look so much alike. That looks like such a great Thanksgiving, and we also started building gingerbread houses the day after Thxgvg! It's a tradition I'm starting, we're now 2 years in. :)
What a great Thanksgiving you had!! I love the picture of your whole family together. It looks like you all made lots of great memories!
Post a Comment