Whoa, Nellie!!! I tried to show the kids how to grease and flour the pans, but Titus floured himself, instead.
I never bake desserts. I had no idea the kids would have so much fun baking. They loved taking turns measuring, pouring, and stirring all of the ingredients. I was intrigued by how long it captured their attention. The only stressful thing (for me) was that my kitchen was coated in flour by the time we were finished. Maybe, they just need a little more practice.
Mmmm. Yummy. We devoured one of the loaves of pumpkin bread as soon as it came out of the oven. Then we had it again for breakfast--it tasted even better the second day. Is that like serving your children chocolate cake for breakfast? On Judy's blog, one of her friends replied that if you bake something in a bread pan, it can be considered a health food. I love that philosophy! Pumpkins are a vegetable, right?
3 comments:
I so need to learn the grace and patience to do stuff like make cookies and breads with my kids. It is so hard for me to let them but I know they love it! Good post and great pics.
Hee hee! I know my recipe is a bit cake-ish, but it's soooo good, especially in the morning with coffee. :)
Ruth loves to bake with me. I don't do it often enough because it's more work baking with her.
Looks like you guys had fun though.
If a picture is worth a thousand words.....the second picture with Audra's wide eyes watching Titus pour the flour (from a mile up) is worth about a million! I LOVE that picture. Makes me homesick for first graders in their learning stations! I really do enjoy your blog. Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment