Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Big Hair


Tonight I was getting Audra ready to go into the bathtub and took her hair down. When she looked into the mirror, she said, "Look Mommy, I got big hair just like you!" Hmmm. What exactly does that say about my hair? Should I be taking a hint of some kind?

Other Funny "Audra-isms":

For the last three weeks Audra has been calling me "Mamma Bird" and herself "Baby Bird." She got this from the book, Are You My Mother? It's pretty cute. The first thing she does most morning when I go to get her out of bed is flap her wings and say, "Cheap! Cheap! Mamma Bird!" She calls me that throughout the day!

She also does this funny thing that she learned from Awana Cubbies. In order to help the kids memorize their scripture verses they'll have the kids say it faster, slower, softly, etc. She has started doing this thing where she'll have us repeat the last thing we said over and over again in a different way (particularly when we say, "I love you"). The conversation goes something like this:
Daddy: Audra, have I told you lately that I love you?
Audra: Now say it faster!
Daddy: Ilvyu!!!
Audra: Nooow saaaay iiiiit sloooowleeeee.
Daddy: IIIII Looooooove yooooooou.
Audra: (Whispering) now say it softly
Daddy: i love you

This is repeated multiple times a day.

Audra's favorite phrase at the moment is "Oh, dear!" She does it so often that I probably wouldn't think anything of it, except that other people think it is so hysterical. It is always said with full gusto and often with her hands on her cheeks or her hips. It could be a reaction to accidentally dropping something, making a mistake, something interesting that someone else says...or just because!

5 comments:

stephy said...

Audra is such a doll!! Judah says I have big hair too so don't feel too bad. :) I still stand by the southern mandate "the higher the hair, the closer to God." Sometimes Lolly says "Lord have mercy!" in an "oh dear" situation. hee hee!

stephy said...

ps - Remember when Caroline Worley got you Afro-Sheen as a gag gift?

Ashley said...

Stephanie, I laughed so hard when I read your comments! We certain lived by "the higher the hair, the closer to God" in junior high, didn't we? I think Nicole Davison had us all beat on that one, though! I'll have to remind her of that!

I'll have to teach Audra, "Lord have mercy!" THAT is SO funny!

I actually forgot about the Afro-Sheen. I must have blocked it out! :) During our 10-year reunion I was looking back at some pictures from high school and thought, "Why didn't my friends tell me my hair looked like THAT?!?!" I guess they tried, since my nickname was "Fro." Hmm.

Bryan Riley said...

LOL and you know why!

Judy said...

Ha! That's too funny. A Ruth-ism of late: Mommies are pretty & Daddies are cool.