We celebrated Titus' birthday today and it was such a FUN day! It was pretty perfect, really. As soon as he woke up this morning, he came into my room and this is the conversation we had:
Titus: "Mommy, is it my birthday?"
Mommy: "Yes! Isn't that exciting? (Singing) Happy birthday to you..."
Titus: "Yeah!" (jumping up and down) "NOW am I 5 years old?"
Mommy: "Yes."
Titus: "Yeah! Mom, now I think I can run faster than I ever have!"
Mommy: "I bet you can!"
(With that he wound his arms back, made the sound effects of a rocket, and blasted off out of the room to show me.) LOL!
Titus: (coming back into the room) "Mom, do I go to school now?"
Mommy: "Well, not quite yet...but you will still be 5 when the school year starts next August."
Titus: "Mom, I think I can draw a circle better than I ever have before!!" (drawing a circle in the air with his arm)..."Yeah! I'm so excited it's my birthday!"
Titus was so funny all morning. He was so excited to be 5 and to have his birthday party. (Disclaimer: his birthday is actually the 20th, but we're celebrating as if today is the 20th.) After we all got up and got dressed, we went to Titus' soccer game. I think he finally found his niche in soccer. Up to this point, he has shown more interest in reading the player's numbers or watching from the sideline than actuallly playing soccer. Today, they let the boys play goalie and Titus loved it. He was very good at it and kicked all three goal attempts away. He was so proud: his face beamed and he pumped his arms in the air! When it was time for him to come out of the game, I went over to give him a "high 5" and he told me, "Mommy, I'm better at soccer now that I'm 5 years old." Adorable.
After the game, we went straight to his birthday party. We had a Father-Son party at the racetrack. (Audra and I crashed the party.) It was a blast! I think the dads had as much fun as the boys and it brought me so much joy to watch the dads and their sons playing together. The party started off with a game of Laser Tag and Titus has been talking about it since then. That was his favorite part of the day.
After that, they headed out to the go-cart tracks:
Gentlemen, start your engines...
(Click on pictures to see them enlarged.)
DJ and Wyatt Harris getting ready to ride the go-carts.
OK, these dads were all so competitive on the go-cart track! It was hilarious! I thought my Dad and Jesse Gray were going to take each other out several times passing each other! In the picture above Scott and Titus are getting ready to pass Ian Murphy and his "Pa"!
(To Be Continued...)
2 comments:
it's off the new Hillsong Live CD 'Savior King'. (Hillsong/Hillsong United are my favorite of ALL time. For me, it truly brings me into His presence like no other....we sing a lot of their songs at church...The Stand, From the Inside Out, ect.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm 5, that sweet little ass is going to feel so good clamped around my man meat milking all my come into it,
Post a Comment