Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday


On Easter Morning, we decided to have our kids come in and worship with us, rather than going to their own classes. We wanted to celebrate this special day together. When we walked in, the worship music was already playing. Audra asked me if she could dance. I smiled and answered, "yes."

A few minutes later, I knelt down and asked her, "Do you understand that we are singing songs to God?"

"Yes," she replied, "I'm spinning for Jesus because it makes Him happy."

Audra took her shoes off and danced, spun, and leaped through every song they played that morning. I watched her admiringly. Apparently, no one had told her innocent heart that singing worship songs and hymns to Jesus can only be done while being still and reverent. Apparently, no one told King David, either. Or maybe he just didn't care what they thought. He was dancing for his God.

At one point during the service, Titus leaned against Scott's arm. Scott smiled down at him and said, "Hi, buddy."

"I love you, Daddy."

Then he snuggled in closer to the security of Scott's strong arm.

As sweet as these memories are and as adorable as my kids looked, Easter is not about them. It's about a mighty God. His son. Who lived a humble life. And sacrificed everything. Yet conquered all. For me. And you.

"Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world....Believe and live." (John1:29; 11:25)

5 comments:

stephy said...

Do you guys go to a pentecostal chuch? :) I love that Audra danced! Your family looks so sweet. I also love that you wore a hat on Easter Sunday. If it's okay with you I want to put that picture at my blog to show everyone how we do it down south! ps - cute new layout.

Ashley said...

Sure. Hats and smocked dresses...a recipe for Easter in the South, I suppose. :)

Mom said...

Precious!!! Wish we could have been there to bask in the moment. Just reading your entry brought tears of joy, thanksgiving and vision. Praise God, from Whom all Blessings flow.
Love you,
Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

LOVE the hat!! :) And of course Audra's smocked dress!

Great new layout!

Seth said...

Maybe this is the definition of coming to Jesus like a child. Suffer us to come to him like that.