Spring is here! Hooray! I LOVE Spring...and I love living in a place that has four distinct seasons! I spent last week Spring-cleaning like a maniac and reorganizing all of our closets. We did take break each day to get out and take a walk or go to a park to enjoy the warm weather. (I hate to confess that I just took down my Christmas tree. I know some of you are horrified. I don't know what took me so long this year. My excuse is that I didn't want to do it when my kids were awake, then I was too tired after they went to bed, then the sale came, blah, blah, blah. Scott liked it and thought I should just leave it up and consider it a headstart on next year!)
[I have to insert something that I love about my husband here. #1 He is not critical of me. I am so enormously thankful that he accepts me just like I am. He never says a thing when the house is a mess or when I don't get dinner cooked. I should learn from his example. #2 He has a great sense of humor. He keeps me laughing and keeps me from taking myself too seriously.]
Ok, back to the point. Now, we're rested, healthy, and ready to play!
Spring Break started today. All of our normal activities are cancelled for the week, so I planned some fun new things to keep us busy. This morning we woke up and went to The Jones Center to take advantage of all of their Spring Break activities. I'd never done this before, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. We had SO much fun...and EVERYTHING at The Jones Center is FREE!
Afterwards, we played in the "jumpy castle" several times, snacked on popcorn, and got balloons twisted into swords and flowers. By the time we finished all of that it was time for lunch and naps. What a great morning. I have a feeling we'll be spending quite a bit of time up there this week.
1 comment:
We headed there this morning and had a good time as well. It definitely is a cool place that they have so much stuff to do (even when it's not spring break) and is all free. They even gave away free food and juice today.
Post a Comment