My friend, Amber, often fills her blog with lists of "Happy Things." The first time I read her blog she had posted a list of "Happy Things" that was topped by a picture of laundry piled up all around her washer and dryer. I thought she was being sarcastic at first. She commented (very genuinely) that she feels so blessed to live in a time and country where we no longer have to wash clothes by hand and that she is so thankful for her washer and dryer. Wow! I want to have that kind of perspective.
So, in honor of Amber, I made a list of random "Happy Things" in my day today...
1) While getting ready for church this morning, Titus saw my bare belly and commented, "Mommy, why are you so 'skinny'?" (What? OHHH.) I quickly realized that he was not commenting on my waistline, but on the extra loose skin on my belly from carrying three 9+ pound babies! Being able to laugh at that is a happy thing! (Picture NOT included!)
2) When I got in the car to go to church this morning Titus said, "You look beautiful, Mommy." Being called "beautiful" by my 5-year-old son is a very happy thing.
3) The same friend mentioned above was asked to write a fictional account of what Sarai may have been thinking as she struggled through infertility and then later responded to God's miracle. She read it as part of the sermon this morning at church. It was amazing. Observing a friend thriving and ministering to others through her unique, God-given talents is a happy thing. I would love for you to read it. It has two parts: Sarai's Work and then Sarah's Rest.
4) Stuffing a roast with garlic while listening to Scott play Battleship with Titus and Audra in the other room is a happy thing. Something about that moment represents security and contentment to me.
5) The following song. I've heard it before, but I don't think I really listened to the words until today. I cried through it. If you don't pay attention to anything else on this blog, DO click on this video and listen to the words: Mighty To Save.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you for posting, I so often need to be reminded of how blessed I really am!
You are such a blessing to me.
Ashley,
I can't find your email. Can you email me as I had a question to ask you. Beth L.
Post a Comment