Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm Alive!

Ok. I'm alive and I'm coming up for air! My brief synopsis is that two weeks ago I went down to help and shop at my sister's sale (http://www.rhealana.com/), got strep throat and the flu, then came home and spent a week working at my sale. During that week I was working 14+ hour days, coming home to answer emails until at least 1:00am, sleeping a few hours, and then waking up and starting over again...for 7 days (during which I kept forgetting to take my antibiotics OR forgetting whether or not I had taken them). The good news is that the sale went GREAT and continues to grow like crazy. The bad news is that my wonderful mother arrived back here with strep throat and three sick kids. Scott took them all to the doctor on Sunday morning and all four of them (Scott and our three kids) were diagnosed with strep throat. Then yesterday all my symptoms started coming back again, so I spent half the day in bed with fever, chills, and unable to swallow. So, I'm back on antibiotics again and promise to take better care of myself (and my sick family) this time.

We couldn't go to Bible Study this morning since this is apparently very contagious. We hung out at home in pjs while I spent the day washing all of our sheets, trying to catch up on laundry, and beginning the overwhelming task of cleaning my unkempt house (which has been ignored for the past two weeks). Oh, I did briefly leave the house to buy all of us new toothbrushes, according to the doctor's orders. Tomorrow, I plan to get all of us out of the house for some fresh air and then begin disinfecting my house so we don't keep reinfecting each other. Any advice on the best way to do that?

Oh! My giant tadpole has turned from a fat, globby, brown, toadish tadpole to a beautiful little green frog with spots in the past 9 days. What a wild daily transformation! I really wish I had taken pictures each day. Maybe, I'll try it with the next one.

Gotta run work on the house so I can play with the kids tomorrow. I promise to spend some time over the next week catching up on my blog. I have some fun pictures from the sale and some cute emails from Mimi while my kids were at her house for a week!!!! (It is the first time Justus has spent a night away from me and Titus and Audra have only spent the night away from me twice.) They had a great time and came home so happy.

More soon...

7 comments:

Brian said...

Sorry to hear the family and you are sick.

Amber said...

Sick is hard on a mommy. REST, friend!

MomsTheWord said...

One thing at a time. Be still and know that He is God. He will help you chip away at the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS.

Keep everyone hydrated as the weather pattern here is keeping everyone sick too! I've heard drinking a lot of liquid is helping.

Enjoy the days...you've got around 3 months until marketing the NEXT big sale begins!

MomsTheWord said...

One thing at a time. Be still and know that He is God. He will help you chip away at the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS.

Keep everyone hydrated as the weather pattern here is keeping everyone sick too! I've heard drinking a lot of liquid is helping.

Enjoy the days...you've got around 3 months until marketing the NEXT big sale begins!

breanna said...

Funny you should ask that about cleaning house. This was today's urban baby post: http://www.urbanbaby.com/ub_daily/031208dailynat.html

Hope you all feel better soon!

GranolaGirl said...

I'm so sorry your whole family is sick-- maybe the beautiful weather will cheer everyone up. You were right-- the sale was a huge success! I had so much fun consigning and shopping and can't wait to do it again in the fall. Thanks for all your hard work. Feel better soon!

Ashley said...

Jennifer (MomsTheWord),

Be still. Hmmm. Can you define that for me? I don't think I'm familiar with that one. ;)