Saturday, May 17, 2008

Farmer's Market

I love Farmer's Markets. The Farmer's Market in Boulder, CO is actually one of my favorite spots on Earth! This morning Justus, Audra, and I woke up early and slipped out the door while the other two boys were still snoozing. We headed to downtown Fayetteville for the Farmer's Market to buy some fresh flowers, vegetables, and enjoy the sights and sounds. Audra really wanted to pick out her own flowers like mine, so she picked out the peony above. Audra loves flowers!

While I was there I saw Breanna, one of my closest childhood friends, who is in town visiting from San Francisco. Her mother and friends had their lawn chairs spread out and I teased them that I'd never seen someone "tailgate" at the Farmer's Market. Apparently, they do it every Saturday morning.
Here I am with Breanna and her son, Wayne Dean de Geere IV. The man on the far left of the picture is Miller Williams. He is one of Breanna's mom's friends and is also a famous poet who lives in Fayetteville. He was the Inaugural Poet for President Clinton's second Inauguration. I actually was invited to go to Clinton's first Inauguration and heard Maya Angelou read her poem. I think I held my breath the entire time she spoke. I'm not a Liberal or a Democrat, but I felt very honored to be there.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I dare you to paint your face along with the rest of the family and REALLY "tailgate" for the next Farmers Market. You guys can randomly cheer for people as they shop for food.

stephy said...

Wow, you ran into Breanna! That's craziness.

Ashley said...

Brian,

You are hilarious!!! I wish I had the guts to do that. I'd pay money to see you do it...and I know you would!