Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me!


Scott gave me money for Mother's Day and I bought this Armoire to hide the TV, DVD player, cords, etc! I've wanted one since we moved into the house almost 3 years ago, but I haven't been able to find one that I liked for a price that I could afford. I actually bought this one used from a friend who is an interior decorator. She recently moved and it wouldn't fit in her new house. She sold it to me for a great price. Hooray! I'm so excited! I'm not sure if you can tell, but the door is made from antique ceiling tins. She bought it in Canton, TX and it was originally an antique white/ivory color. I wish it was still the original color, but she loves to paint things and play with colors. (She is amazingly creative and talented.) I'm not crazy about the green or the darker glaze that she put over it, so I think I'm going to see if I can find someone to paint it back to the original color. Any opinions or suggestions?

No comments: