Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Birthday

I turned 33 today. Thirty-three. Three Oh. That looks way older than I think I am. I really love 33, though, so I don't mind.

I received a birthday card in the mail from Scott's mom with the following letter. (She is so good at remembering dates and sending cards in the mail....I'm horrible at it.) My "love language" is "Words of Affirmation", so you can imagine how much her thoughtfulness meant to me.

Ashley,

We are so blessed to have you as a special daughter, wife to our son, and mother to our grandchildren. We can see that your family truly practices the "ministry of a smile." We are sure you spread cheer everywhere you go!

I love your blog! I check it several times a day to see if you've posted anything new about the precious family!

Thank you for your transparency in being willing to share prayer requests and for seeking advice. In years to come, when your children leave home, you will understand how uplifting it is to be asked for advice. It makes us feel needed and valued.

Thank you for all the time, energy & devotion you give to your family. Nothing brings us greater joy than to know our grandchildren are being raised to love & fear the Lord! (Fear is the beginning of wisdom.)

I hope to be able to visit this summer. Pray God allows us to travel! Have a BLESSED happy birthday year!

Love,
"Mom & Dad"

2 comments:

Brian said...

Happy B-Day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I missed your birthday!?!?!?!!?!?! I'm so sorry!
Happy birthday!!! 33?! you are OLD :)