Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mud Creek

My friend, Melanie, invited our Bible Study group to join her and her kids at Mud Creek this morning. I think this is my new favorite spot in Fayetteville. (Thank you, Cari, for taking these pictures!) We started off by taking a walk down the paved trail. We didn't last long, though. We were all so excited to play in the creek. The kids had such a blast wading in the water, throwing rocks, and exploring. I think there is something magical about a creek covered by a canopy of trees. Maybe it's because it subconsciously reminds me of the book Bridge To Terabithia. I've loved that one since I was little. (The movie is not as good as the book, by the way. They never are.) Actually that would be a pretty good discussion. Can you think of any movies that are as good as the original book?

At any rate, we love this fun spot. Thanks for the invite, Melanie.


Cari took this picture of her son, Wyatt, and Audra. I think it is so adorable! We are sure going to miss them when they move to St. Louis next week!

No comments: