Sunday, April 13, 2008

New Heights Women's Retreat

The New Heights Womens' Retreat was such a blessing to me. I'm so thankful that Scott was willing to watch the kids so I could go. I drove up there with my friend, Qiana, and it was so nice to have time to catch up. We stayed in cabins in Ponca, AR near the Buffalo River. The picture above is the view from the main lodge. It was so quiet and peaceful. I wish I had taken more picturs.

The part of the weekend that I enjoyed the most was sitting and visiting with mothers who are older than I am and listening to their wisdom on marriage and parenting. It was like opening a treasure chest of wealth that I didn't know I'd had available to me all along. I loved getting to know these ladies and we laughed late into the night. Our small group time was incredible. We saw God answer some seemingly impossible prayer requests and one woman was set free from unforgiveness towards her ex-husband that had been holding her in bondage for decades. I felt honored to be there. Another HUGE blessing was having three meals a day cooked, served, and cleaned up for me. I told the ladies responsible for this part of the weekend over and over again. I felt so spoiled.

I prayed for Scott and the kids numerous times throught the weekend. I really hoped it was going well. When I called Scott to check in on Saturday night they were all having a great time! They'd been eating Lucky Charms, pizza, and watching Star Wars in their pj's all day. Scott told me that his only rule for the weekend was "there are no rules"! He said the kids had been telling him all day, "You're the best Dad in the whole world!" He was loving every minute of it! It reminded me of that Bill Cosby skit where the mom goes out of town and he feeds the kids chocolate cake for breakfast. Then they break out in a resounding "Dad is great! Give us some chocolate cake!"

No comments: