This card is an example of the MANY kind and generous things people have done for us while we were in the hospital. I am so thankful to live in this community and have such caring friends. God has provided for me once again. Thank you to the MANY of you who called, sent emails, prayed for us, and offered to help (my friends, but also Helen, Daniel & Audra, and Kelly from Recruiting Edge, who work with Scott and knew he was out of town). Thank you to Jill Bell, Kristin Gray, and Jim Hall (our pastor) for coming to visit us in the hospital. Jill has obviously had children in the hospital because she knew exactly what to bring that I would have never known I needed: toys & books for Titus, magazines for me, snacks that Titus would actually eat (unlike the hospital food), and a yummy breakfast smoothie (also unlike the hospital food). Kristin also brought a bag full of snacks and toys picked out by her boys and delicious homemade cookies. Thank you so much to Cari Harris and Myra Graves for taking Audra for the morning to give my mom a break. (I am so sad that Cari is moving to St. Louis at the end of the month. She has been such a good friend and so selfless in offering to help watch my kids over the past two years.) Thank you to Kim Petrone and Krista Roy for bringing dinner to us...and to the many others who offered. Thankfully, we are leaving for Florida on Saturday and won't need them. I feel so "taken care of" and "provided for". God's lavish love is evident through your lives.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Thank you!
This card is an example of the MANY kind and generous things people have done for us while we were in the hospital. I am so thankful to live in this community and have such caring friends. God has provided for me once again. Thank you to the MANY of you who called, sent emails, prayed for us, and offered to help (my friends, but also Helen, Daniel & Audra, and Kelly from Recruiting Edge, who work with Scott and knew he was out of town). Thank you to Jill Bell, Kristin Gray, and Jim Hall (our pastor) for coming to visit us in the hospital. Jill has obviously had children in the hospital because she knew exactly what to bring that I would have never known I needed: toys & books for Titus, magazines for me, snacks that Titus would actually eat (unlike the hospital food), and a yummy breakfast smoothie (also unlike the hospital food). Kristin also brought a bag full of snacks and toys picked out by her boys and delicious homemade cookies. Thank you so much to Cari Harris and Myra Graves for taking Audra for the morning to give my mom a break. (I am so sad that Cari is moving to St. Louis at the end of the month. She has been such a good friend and so selfless in offering to help watch my kids over the past two years.) Thank you to Kim Petrone and Krista Roy for bringing dinner to us...and to the many others who offered. Thankfully, we are leaving for Florida on Saturday and won't need them. I feel so "taken care of" and "provided for". God's lavish love is evident through your lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun to see Avery's card again! :) I'm glad Titus liked it.
Ashley, that was so sweet what Titus said. I loved how you put it. It made me tear up. I loved the beach pictues and I admit made me long to see America. I put back on my long johns today as it has been cold and rainy this week in England. We leave for South Africa in 3 weeks. Reading your blog helps me feel connected to home, so thanks for writing. Tara Riley
Post a Comment