Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring!

This morning was the last day of Bible Study for the year and I am always sad when it ends. I go through withdrawals during the summer and can definitely tell a difference in my perspective on life about half-way through the summer. It is good for me to stay connected to the Truth of God's Word, rather than the distracted wanderings of my emotions and wants. I also dearly love the other girls in my small group. (I don't know why I resist the term "women" or "ladies" and use the word "girls". We're all in our 30's.) They have become some of my closest friends and definitely my support system. This Beth Moore study of the book of Daniel has also been one of my favorites.

To celebrate our last study, the children led our worship time (see picture above). It was precious. I'm not exactly sure how it started, but my children have a tradition of giving me the "I Love You" ASL sign whenever they are on stage. It is precious to me. Also, the little boy to the right of Audra is the grandson of my mom's lifelong friend, Imelda. Our families share decades of history. I love being home.

Afterwards, I was drinking in Spring and decided to take the kids by one of my favorite little spots in Fayetteville. It is the garden next to Gift House Antiques (the store is equally beautiful, but I wouldn't dare let my kids loose in there!) I encouraged the kids to run around and enjoy all the gorgeous colors, smells, and textures of this garden. I'd be happy spending every warm day like this. I wish my garden looked like this...but until "someday" I'll be content enjoying theirs.






1 comment:

Christy Murphy said...

I love the picture of Titus kissing Justus. How sweet!