This is a very quick email to let you know that last night I took Titus to an Urgent Care Clinic with what I thought was the stomach flu. The doctor thought it was stomach flu but was uncertain, so he sent us to the ER at Washington Regional. I opted to go to the hospital in Springdale, because a good friend's husband is one of the ER doctors there. To make a long story short, he was the third doctor to see Titus that day and the only one that didn't think it was the stomach flu and warned me that he was "very concerned." (He listed several options including a ruptured appendix.) He ran several tests and Titus has an "impressive" case of Pneumonia (as he called it). Titus was hospitalized later that night and will probably be in the hospital until Wednesday. He is on oxygen and has fluid and antibiotic IVs.
I am SO, SO thankful for my sweet friend's husband. He is such a good doctor and was so kind and gentle with Titus. I highly recommend Dr. Chris Murphy if you ever have an emergency. Scott is in Washington on a business trip and I am so thankful that my parents were in town and were able to extend their stay. I'm home only for a few moments to shower and pack a bag. Dad is at the hospital with Titus while I'm home and Mom is here at the house with the kids. I am so thankful, once again, for my wonderful parents. I'm also so thankful for my loving husband who has been so concerned for Titus and emotional about being so far away.
Please, pray for all of us. I'm heading back to the hospital. More later.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ashley, thanks for posting this. I'm praying for all of you. I'm glad your parents are here!
My family will be praying for you all
we are praying...please let me know if there is anything we can do...
I have been praying for your family. How is Titus doing? I saw Audra at Wilson park on Monday morning with some other friends, but that was before I knew that Titus was in the hospital. I didn't say hi to her though since she doesn't know who I am and would wonder why some strange lady was talking to her.
I have been praying for your family. How is Titus doing? I saw Audra at Wilson park on Monday morning with some other friends, but that was before I knew that Titus was in the hospital. I didn't say hi to her though since she doesn't know who I am and would wonder why some strange lady was talking to her.
We're praying for you, Ashley. Keep us updated.
We are praising God for bringing Titus through this awful ordeal. Remind him as he grows older that God protected him and healed him because God has a plan for his life. (We will call this one of his "landmarks"...a place where faith is established and grows.) Isn't it great that God knew your parents needed to be in Springdale and arranged it so they would be. What an awesome God!
I've been praying for you this week! I hope Titus is feeling better now.
Post a Comment