"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:11-12
I have been a better mother than a wife. I had to confess that to my husband this morning and ask his forgiveness. I love forgiveness.
As soon as I read the above verse, I knew I needed to do the "30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge." (http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/30DayChallenge.pdf ) The challenge is that for the next 30 days:
1) I won't say anything negative about my husband...to my husband...or to anyone else, about my husband.
2) I will say something that I admire or appreciate about my husband...to my husband...and to someone else, about my husband.
So, my appreciation for today...
Scott,
I don't think I have ever thought to thank you for choosing me, above all other women. Thank you for the way that you pursued me and made me feel so cherished, adored, and valued. Thank you for the prayers together and the poetry...for giving me your heart.
I want you to know that today (despite all the circumstances we have lived through together) you can still trust me with your heart. May I be a blessing to you all the remaining days of my life.
I love you,
Ashley.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh Ashley, I'm about to click on the link from your previous post. I am so convicted. This week, especially, I have been awful.
You always encourage me. Always. Thank you.
What a coincidence! I'm starting a "Dissing My Husband 30-day Challenge" this week! I'll let you know how it goes. :)
Good girl but this should be everyday not a 30 day thing.
Yes, I imagine that is the idea...that after 30 days it would become a habit...and that we'd see the reward of it. I have already seen my husband become more tender and thankful. More importantly, I've been reminded of how many things I am thankful for.
um wow.
thank you for the video....so true.
Post a Comment