When we got home we gave Scott one more present: a tent. Scott did his best to act surprised because as soon we returned from Wal-Mart this afternoon the kids were unable to contain their excitement. Audra said to him, "Daddy we got a surprise for you at Wal-Mart!" Then Titus added, "It's a tent!!!" Scott and I just looked at each other and laughed. I'll have to work with them on the whole "surprise" concept.
At any rate, I was proud of my bargain on the tent. It is a large 8-person tent and it was on clearance at Wal-Mart, so I got a really good deal on it. It was the last one and they found it in the back. Yeah! Now we just need to talk ourselves into taking three children under the age of 5 camping. We might have to warm up to it by camping in the backyard first. Does that count?
4 comments:
ALL our camping is in the backyard and our kids love it! It's free and there's a bathroom nearby!
Reminds me of the night that Dave slept in our backyard in Clarksville with a tent full of young cousins. He is so good with the little ones when we have family gatherings. The back yard is the best place in the world for young campers--such adventure!
Mimi
We've done camping twice with the two boys and it was easier than I expected. We went to devil's den. But the backyard is great too!
I love the daddy sheets. I think I'll have to steal the idea next year. :)
Hey, Jesse and the 3 boys are going tomorrow night to DD, and all of us are going in about three weeks for 2-3 nights to Heber. I'll let you know how it goes down. We have a 7 person tent, and have done the backyard thing. But he just got a deal on a pop-up on Craigslist. I think the Roaches go often. K.
Post a Comment