Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Heights Park Days

This is the third summer that I have coordinated "Park Days" in the summer for New Heights Church. This summer we are hanging out at Wilson Park every Tuesday morning in June. It is an easy and fun way for moms to connect and the little ones to run off some of their energy!

Nikki and Anna
Martha and Lucy
Kathy with Lilly and Aidan.

After "Park Day", I took the kids over to the other side of Wilson Park where they have renovated this castle, which has been there since I was a little girl. This was the favorite part of their morning. (Can you see their little heads up on top?) It really is a magical place! Titus and Audra ran around pretending to be kings and queens of Narnia while I tried to keep Justus out of the water.



Speaking of Narnia, we rented The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe about two weeks ago and ever since then Audra pronounces all of their names with a British accent. The other day I overheard her say to Titus, "But Petah, Ahm Lewcy!" (Translation: "But Peter, I'm Lucy!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again (I know that I sound like a broken record...err,a skipping CD) but I enjoy reading this blog more than almost ANYTHING that I do everyday. I love that I can keep up with "what's new" in your lives daily. I hope to get one started soon. (How long have I been saying that?) I feel like I have been on a roller coaster for the last several months in preparation for my Mother moving in with us. Now that she is here,things are settling down. My eldest daughter, Tammy, reminds me occasionally when I mention the ups and downs going on now...to "Enjoy the ride. Let go occasionally and say 'Whee"!"