I teased Noel that one of my favorite memories of him is when we sat next to each other in Mrs. Leonard's class in 4th grade. He has always been incredibly smart and could do no wrong in her eyes. He would whisper all of these witty jokes to me, then I'd erupt with laughter and get in trouble for talking! Shocker. The same scene reoccurred our Junior year of high school when we had AP Language and Composition together. My incredibly smart 4th grade friend is now an orthopaedic surgeon! Oh! His dad was also my orthodontist and is quite possibly the nicest man on Earth.
My favorite Jamie Bell story is that he and I had the lead roles in our high school musical our senior year. There was a scene where we had to kiss on stage, which is very embarrassing and awkward when you are 17. To add to that, I had a long-distance boyfriend who lived in Connecticut. I had never mentioned the kissing scene to him because he was not able to come to the performance. During the curtain call of opening night I looked down and he had surprised me, flown in, and was standing there with a dozen roses! I was ecstatic and then thought, "Uh oh, I'm in big trouble." I was. He was very jealous. (Give me a little grace...I had the maturity of a 17-year-old.)
4 comments:
Oh! *heart years to have been there*
I think I have PTSD from Mrs. Leonard's 4th grade...
i meant to type yearns. not years. :)
Wasn't she awful? I had Mrs. Beaver and Mrs. Leonard back to back. I think I would have been traumatized for life had I not had Mrs. Fisher in 5th grade. She was my saving grace in elementary school. I don't know why everyone thought Root was such a good elementary school. Ms. Fisher was the only really good teacher I had there.
I think there were some other good teachers there like Mrs. Gibson for 3rd grade and Mrs. Siroonian and Mrs. Walker for 4th grade. I just didn't get any them.
Post a Comment